Monday, May 12, 2008

Considering a job in nonprofit?

When people ask about what I do, I typically say that I have the most gratifying work. This is what drives a lot of people into helping professions, and more specifically in my case, to work for non-profit organizations. A good friend recently contributed to an excellent resource to help individuals explore non-profit careers--and these resources are FREE.

One of the most popular job search tools in non-profit is Idealist.org, and I refer many people to it. Aside from using it as a tool to find jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities, I never spent much time looking at what else Idealist.org has to offer. Their resource section for instance has all kinds of helpful information, including the e-book guides that I was mentioning. There's one for entry-level professionals and one for mid-career changers.


Check them out!

1 comment:

Valinda said...

Thanks for the shout out! I didn't realize the scope of resources Idealist offered until I offered to help write the guides. I also like the $$ one for young people (ie: how to work in nonprofit and not eat Ramen for dinner every night). Keep up the good work :)